.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free Citizen

This writer espouses individual liberty, free markets, and limited government.

Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

Monday, March 31, 2008

Snoozing While the Reverend Rants

This letter from the March 29 Clarion-Ledger reminds me of a church service from some years ago. The person making the morning's announcements said, "And we'd like to thank Brother Smith for fixing the church's air conditioning system."

When the congregation turned to look at Brother Smith, he was sound asleep.

Of course, Sen. Obama says he doesn't remember the controversial "black liberation theology" sermons of Rev. Jeremiah Wright, even after attending his church for 20 years. I understand and support his explanation completely.

If he is like me, I haven't been awake in church for the past 50 years.

I was there, but I wasn't there. He should just come out and tell the truth:

"He said what? I never knew; I slept through it all."

Now, most Americans would buy into this with no questions asked.

I need to work on a political campaign; this is too easy.

~~ John W. Lawson
Jackson, Mississippi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home