.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free Citizen

This writer espouses individual liberty, free markets, and limited government.

Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Your Tax Dollars At Work

From The Clarion-Ledger, April 23:

I see the Legislature is still trying to come up with a solution to the Medicaid deficit ("Medicaid problems unresolved," April 18). Let me suggest that we require the recipients not own a car that is more valuable than the average taxpayer's vehicle.

If the legislators would spend a day in a pharmacy that has a drive through window, they would have a better understanding of where the tax dollars go.

For example, a few weeks ago I overheard my partner explaining to a customer that her child's cough syrup was not covered and was told it would be $12.95. The customer replied that she thought everything was covered, just leave it off. My partner came over and whispered, "go see what's she's driving." This poor, downtrodden customer who couldn't pay for her child's cough syrup was in a new Toyota Sequoia limited edition (it had the gold trim). I noticed as she drove away her vanity tag read, "God Bless America."

We must be nuts to provide free medicine for people who drive $50,000 vehicles. I have also seen Lincoln Navigators, Mercedes, satellite radios, a large $40 bottle of Dewar's scotch, a guy smoking a cigarette while I am filling $300 worth of breathing medicines and, one night, a Medicaid customer came through in a SUV with a rack on top. I asked, "Isn't that a ski rack?" She said, "(Oh yes) we love to snow ski."

VAN EAST
Amory

Amory (long "A") is located in Monroe County in northeast Mississippi.

There are some great comments linked to this letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home