.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free Citizen

This writer espouses individual liberty, free markets, and limited government.

Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hey! I'm a Dalmatian!

One morning last week, Jack Hobbs of WLBT-Channel 3 said something which sent me into hysterics. In fact, I'm laughing so hard right now that I can barely manage to type this.

There was a dog show at the Trade Mart here in Jackson, Miss., and Hobbs interviewed several handlers to get facts on the characteristics of the various breeds. When he got to the Dalmatian, one of the things that the handler noted was that these dogs often ran alongside fire trucks. Hobbs then asked, "Does he know that, since he's a Dalmatian, he's supposed to like fire trucks?"

I missed the woman's reply, since I was rolling in the floor.

As one who tends to humanize dogs, I immediately had several images pop into my mind. A dog stands in front of a mirror for the first time and, after looking himself over, says, "Hey! I'm a Dalmatian, and I'm supposed to like fire trucks!"

A mother dog places her puppies in a little circle and says, "Alright, children, you're all Dalmatians, so remember that you're supposed to like fire trucks!"

From now on, anytime I start feeling a little depressed, I'm going to overcome it by simply thinking of this incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home